Corby history workshops lined upUnpublished
Corby people can explore some of the subjects from the town's history thanks to funding from the National Lottery.
Corby Borough Council have revealed that almost £10,000 has been secured for the three-week project to run this month.
Historic collections of objects will be at the Corby Cube. The archives will concern Corby's steelworks in the Stewarts and Lloyds era, the traditional Pole Fair held every twenty years and the Weldon Roman Villa.
Residents will have the chance to attend workshops where they can handle the objects and hear from specialists - the first session is this Tuesday ( October 9 ).
There are more details on taking part online at www.corby.gov.uk
Old Village bridge work goes onUnpublished
The railway bridge on Corby's Cottingham Road that has been closed since January has had its re-opening put back by another two weeks.
The bridge was originally due to re-open in August, which was put back to this month, but Network Rail have said that due to technical difficulties, the bridge will have to remain closed now until the 19th October.
Previously businesses in the Old Village have complained that having the bridge closed to traffic has had a negative effect on trade there.
Lottery bonus for Corby groupsUnpublished
Money from the Big Lottery Fund is going to charitable causes in Corby for community projects.
In total their latest award for the East Midlands region is £7m. £500,000 is going to Teamwork, who have bases across the county including in Corby.
They have described the backing as a massive boost alongside the funding they already receive. Teamwork help support vunerable adults who may have physical or learning disabilities or mental health challenges.
Among other grants of less than £10,000 funding has been won by the Halcyon Group, the Late Developers Photographic Group, Corby-based Action for Aspergers and for a project with autistic youngsters at the Corby Olympic Boxing Club.
Urgent Care Centre changes on holdUnpublished
Sep 13 - Plans to make Corby's Urgent Care Centre a sameday access hub have been suspended by NHS Corby.
Today the Clinical Commissioning Group that plans health services in the borough said they would instead be beginning a search for an operator to take on a three year contract to run the centre from March next year.
That's when the current contract with Lakeside Plus runs out.
Last month a judicial review brought by Corby campaigners saw a judge demand a public consultation be organised over the plans to change how the centre was accessed.
NHS Corby say they are taking the action to try and ensure "continuity of health services".
CBC to work with NightlightUnpublished
Corby Borough Council have given further reaction after plans for a permanent homeless hub in the town were approved.
The scheme, which had led to objections from a number of residents, is set to see a former gym building on Cannock Road converted by the Nightlight charity.
A majority of borough councillors on a planning committee gave permission this week.
CBC said they would now work with Nightlight to "ensure that the hub will only operate within agreed conditions, in a neighbourly manner and would strive to ensure that it became a successful community asset for all of Corby."