How local government in the county will shape up in the future are the subject of documents now released by local authorities.

The leader of Corby Borough Council says proposals they and other authorities have been working on about the future of Northamptonshire's local government "have not been entered into with any enthusiasm".

It says two unitary authorities - one to cover areas including Corby - are the most appropriate way forward.

It's all happening after government-appointed inspectors reported earlier this year on the severe financial difficulties impacting the county council - which they have recommended needs to be scrapped.

NCC are in the process of reducing funding by £70m in this financial year - which means cuts to many services.

A plan that would complete the development of Little Stanion was approved by borough councillors.

It's an outline planning application for between 99 and 135 homes for a four hectare site that's already been cleared.

A report for councillors says development of Little Stanion was stalled by builders going into administration following  the financial crash of the late 2000s.

*

And subject to conditions work can now begin on a new village hall for Cottingham.

Borough councilllors approved a proposal to build the new facility at a site on Mill Road near the village's C of E Primary School.

The parish council would own and run the hall..to provide a venue for social engagements, performances, plus indoor sport and dance.

Aug 1 - Corby Borough Council have released the results of a consultation they held into proposals on the future of local government.

CBC mailed households and set up a petition in the Cube, following public meetings about recommendations to merge CBC with other councils.

More than 4,400 households voted against plans for unitary authorities to replace the current borough and county set-up. More than 200 were in favour.

The council's leadership say the results were very clear and would help put together a response to the Secretary of State on the proposed reforms.

They have been made following the severe financial difficulties at Northamptonshire County Council. Results on a countywide consultation that around five thousand people took part in are still to come.

A legal victory for campaigners from Corby means plans to change how the town's urgent care centre work now have to go to a public consultation.

Members of the Save our UCC group heard in the week they had been successful in their legal action brought in protest against plans to make the centre a sameday access hub which patients would need an appointment for.

Campaigners said the public had not been properly consulted on a change away from a walk-in service and the judge in the case agreed.

NHS Corby, who plan and buy health services for the borough, say they now have to make sure there is no disruption to services ahead of the contract to run the centre running out next March.

They claim the decision of the judge in the case makes it more challenging.

Meanwhile the MP for Corby has called for a meeting with NHS Corby bosses on what happens next, saying "they have serious questions to answer".

Tom Pursglove says the urgent care services the town has need to remain.

Labour's Beth Miller has congratulated campaigners and called on the government to provide adequate healthcare funding for the area.

Around 2,000 people have signed a petition calling for action over the loss of rural bus services.

Labour's PPC for Corby and East Northants, Beth Miller, launched the petition after subsidies for services such as the 67 were ended by Northamptonshire County Council earlier this year, as part of wider budget cuts.

The 67 served rural areas around Corby including Gretton. Beth Miller says she has now passed on copies of the petition to county MPs and the county council.

A plan to have other councils provide funding towards a new rural service is reportedly being considered by borough authorities.